Don’t Scare, Be Aware
It’s no secret that Coronavirus or COVID-19 is a scary pandemic, spreading all over the world. The world has come to a standstill, and everybody’s waiting for this harrowing time to pass. Everybody is making an effort to fight this battle against Coronavirus; Why should we stay behind?
Thankfully, your battle is half-won by just staying at home. Yes, you, the fast-food loving, Netflix-binging, couch-potatoes are worthy warriors against the Coronavirus scare. Finally, your binging skills have been put to good use!
Apart from chanting #gocoronago, can we do something more to #fightcorona?
The following are a couple of things you should “karo- na”, to avoid Corona.
- The air is so clear now; we can see you gathering in large crowds. If you think we’re being funny, think again. Avoid all social gatherings till the lockdown is over, and maybe stay inside for a while even after that.
- Here’s a special mention for all our Instagram influencers- fact-check every post you put up on social media. Wrong facts can create panic. #darrkeaageyjeethai, right?
- Wash your hands with soap, frequently, and properly. Rub soap on both sides of your palms. It only takes twenty seconds to wash your hands properly and save yourself.
- If you’re living in cities like Mumbai, Indore, Nagpur, Bhilwara, etc., avoid going out as much as possible. “Ghar mein rahogey, safe rahogey.” #stayhomestaysafe
- Essential services are available in all parts of the nation. There’s no need to fear anything. Don’t scare, be aware.
- We know that binging on Ramayan might not be the ideal way to spend your days. But remember, even Sita would have been safe had she not crossed the #lakshmanrekha.
- If you need to go out, wear a mask. It’s not just for your safety, but also for the safety of those around you.
- Shaktiman and Iron Man are fictional, but doctors, nurses, police, and essential service providers are the real superheroes. You can be a superhero too; all you have to do is follow the instructions of your local Government authority.
These are just a couple of things that you can do to stay away from the dangers of Coronavirus.
Awareness can reduce panic, revolving around this global pandemic. It is our job, as educated and responsible citizens, to spread awareness. Don’t Scare, Be Aware.
To #bustthemyth, this is what you need to know:-
- Coronavirus symptoms include fever, dry cough, and tightness in the chest.
- Who called it COVID-19? WHO did! The World Health Organization coined the term to spread preliminary information through the name itself.
- Your ability to hold your breath for more than ten seconds has nothing to do with Coronavirus. If you feel any of the symptoms, get checked by a health professional immediately.
- The Coronavirus is a determined monster. It can survive the cold, heat, rain, and snow.
- Coronavirus isn’t spread by mosquito bites (that’s malaria!).
- Eating garlic can help you stay away from people because of the stinky breath(yikes!), but it’s useless against Coronavirus.
ISBM pledges to spread awareness, and do its part in this global war against COVID-19. Don’t scare, be aware.